Here we will help you install the service you've chosen. If the guide you are looking for doesn't exist you can contact our support here.
How To Unblock Blocked Sites
How To Unblock Blocked Sites
Have you been trying to access websites without success? Have you had problems like browser timeout or HTTP errors (especially 403 Forbidden or Access Denied)? If yes, there is a chance that you have been blocked from accessing the desired site. Furthermore, not only sites but also online services such as Spotify, Pandora allow access only to specific geographic regions while blocking others. Read this article to learn how to access any site or service even those which try to block you.
Reasons to be blocked from accessing a website
In order to find out how to bypass a restriction to access a website or any online resource you should first understand why you are being blocked in the first place. This will help you avoid being blocked in future. You may also learn that you have been blocked incorrectly and request a removal of the limitations which prevent you from accessing the desired site or service.
Common reasons to be blocked:
- Licensing restrictions – this is probably the most common case when providers are legally forced to offer their services only in certain countries because of the licensing agreements they have. This is especially true for services related to intellectual property such as music, movies, etc. Unfortunately, many popular services like Pandora are restricted for use only inside the United States or other countries and inaccessible to the rest of the world. Usually, there is nothing you can do in this case except to try to circumvent this unjust restriction.
- Spam or other malicious activity – often service providers block certain IPs, networks or even geographical regions because of suspected malicious activities. It may happen so that you are sharing the same network or even IP address with someone who performs such activity and because of that you are being blocked too. You can check if your IP is reported for such activities in various blacklists such as Spamhaus. Then you can try to request your IP to be removed from such blacklists. Unfortunately, this process is usually slow and tedious to say the least. That’s why you might be forced again to bypass this restriction.
- Other reasons – there could be many other reasons for being blocked including the simple fact that the service provider is not interest in offering the service to your part of the world and the connection is either very slow or even blocked. You could try to complain about this to the responsible party but you shouldn’t count on any action. It might be better to try to resolve the problem by yourself and ensure fast and stable connection to the desired resource.
How to unblock sites and services
Once you understand why you have been blocked you may decide to bypass the restriction. There are a few ways to do it with various Pros and Cons.
Web proxies – proxies (also known as transparent proxies) forward web traffic (http, https) from a client to a destination server.
- Ease of use – configuring a web proxy is very easy and it requires just a simple configuration in your browser. There are even some web sites which can be used as a proxy and do not require any changes on your end.
- Cheaper and sometimes even free.
- Inefficient – web sites and services know when you are using a proxy. Your own IP and location can be also detected. Furthermore, many proxies are blocked by service providers, especially the free and popular web proxies.
- Faulty and buggy – very often proxies cause problems and you may experience various issues such as incorrect or incomplete rendering of web pages.
- Limited use – proxies usually support only one or a few services such as http and https. They cannot be used for online services such as Spotify and Pandora.
- Insecure – the communication to the web proxy is usually not encrypted. This means that your traffic can be spied and personal information, including private and payment information, may be easily disclosed.
- Inaccessible – web proxies operate on ports 8080 or other similar ports which are well known and frequently blocked by restrictive ISPs or organizations. Thus you may not always be able to even connect to the web proxy in the first place.
VPNs – Virtual Private Networks (VPNSs) are remote networks to which you can connect and access internal or external resources through them.
- Easy of use – the use of VPNs require the installation of an additional program such as OpenVPN client but besides that their configuration and operation is very simple and straightforward.
- Affordable – the use of VPNs is inexpensive and plans from reliable VPN providers start from as low as a few U.S. dollars or Euros per month.
- Efficient – VPNs stand between you and any onlnine resource in an indistinguishable way. Thus to everyone interested you appear to be in the same location as the VPN gateway.
- Full coverage and use – VPNs route all your traffic and not only web traffic. This means that you can safely connect to any streaming or other service such as Pandora. VPNs are also perfect for messaging such as Skype from locations where this is not allowed.
- Secure – your traffic to the VPN is encrypted and hard, if possible at all, to be spied upon. VPN providers use strong encryption to prevent spying and ensure that your traffic remains safe.
- Fast – VPNs may help you have faster access to remote resources thanks to their higher bandwidth and shorter Internet routes.
- Hard to be blocked – VPNs operate at random ports including standard TCP ports such as 443 (https). Thus to your ISP it may look like you are connected to a regular website and not a VPN server. That’s why it is unlikely that a VPN will be blocked.
- Require additional software installation. Sometimes this might be a problem especially if you don’t have administrator privileges on your computer which is often the case with corporate PCs and laptops.
The above two options represent the most popular technologies to bypass restrictions and unblock blocked websites and online content. Obviously, the VPN is much more efficient and reliable technology because of its unmatched benefits in comparison to web proxies.
If you have decided to start using VPN after reading the above the next step is to find a suitable VPN provider. This is an important choice because the VPN provider should offer you strong protection, fast connection, multiple points of presence and ease of use. Anonine will perfectly satisfy all these requirements at a great price.